I grew up having this breakfast every Christmas morning! I love it and we only have it a few times a year which makes it special. It's a great breakfast casserole and so easy to prepare the night before an important morning.
8 slices of french bread (cut into cubes)
1 lb Cheddar Cheese (cut into cubes)
1 lb Ham (cut into cubes)
10 - 12 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
- Mix together bread, ham and cheese, then spread on bottom of 9"x13" pan. Beat eggs with milk, add a little salt and pepper (remember cheddar cheese and ham are both highly salty!) and pour over the bread, ham, & cheese mixture.
- Set in fridge overnight covered.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes to 1 hour
- You can use frozen cubed hash brown potatoes in place of bread or with the bread. Place the potatoes on bottom of pan, slice up a cube of butter and put on top of potatoes. Continue recipe as above.
- Use a combination of Cheddar and Pepper Jack Cheese to spice it up!