Monday, April 30, 2012

Pesto Tomato Grilled Cheese

Who doesn't like pesto? My whole family loves it. Even our sweet little almost 2 year old will gobble it up if I put it on anything. As I was browsing pinterest (hooray for pinterest!) I came upon this sandwich and new I had to try it. I made it tonight for dinner and my husband told me it was a keeper.

So simple and so divine!

Ingredients:

Bread slices- however many sandwiches you're going to make!
Pesto spread- we buy the Buitoni brand from the store and we love love love it
Cheese- whatever you prefer. We used mozzarella
Tomato slices
Extra virgin olive oil
Pepper

*Spread pesto on one slice of bread per sandwich. Put sliced tomatoes on top of pesto and sprinkle with pepper. Add cheese on top of tomato. Sprinkle olive oil on frying pan or griddle and cook your sandwich- flipping halfway through so both sides get toasted. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment