Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pork and Beans

My husband raves about this recipe. He says it's the best pork and beans he's ever had and I must agree with him. I believe it's the liquid smoke that does the trick! It gives it an extra campfire flavor that's hard to beat. Truly, he'd be happy if I fixed this every week. This feeds a large crowd- great for BBQ's. Although when I make it for my small family I still keep the portions as is because we eat it so fast!

2  31oz cans pork and beans
Large can red kidney beans, drained
Large can buttered lima beans, drained (sometimes I opt for a can of black beans instead)
1 lb hamburger
1/2 lb bacon
Chopped onion
1/2 cup brown sugar (sometimes a little less- depending on how sweet you like it)
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
1/2 cup ketchup

*Cook bacon til crispy. Cook hamburger with onion then drain grease. Put bacon, hamburger and onion in slow cooker with everything else for at least 6 hours on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment