Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Avocado Basil Pasta

This one is another pinterest recipe :) I made it for dinner tonight and it's different than anything I've cooked before but we really enjoyed it. It's healthy, quick, and we will definitely be making it again!

(This picture is also from the original recipe site- recipe.com, my picture just didn't quite turn out as lovely)


Ingredients:

8  ounces dried bow tie and/or wagon wheel pasta - I used whole wheat Fusilli
2  medium avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and coarsely chopped
6  slices bacon, crisp cooked, drained, and crumbled- I used turkey bacon
2/3  cup chopped fresh basil- I didn't use that much and I honestly don't think you need it all
2  tablespoons lemon juice
1  tablespoon olive oil
3  cloves garlic, minced
1/4  teaspoon ground black pepper 
1/8  teaspoon salt
1/2  cup finely shredded Pecorino Romano cheese- I used Mozzarella

* Cook your pasta. Drain. 
Cook bacon to desired crispnness and cut into small pieces. Chop basil and avocado then mix with bacon, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a big bowl. Then add drained pasta and add cheese. Serve!

Note: I really think this pasta would be just as good served cold

No comments:

Post a Comment